Last updated: March 3, 2019
Overview: Cookies and Tracking Technologies on the RWL Sites
- based on your cookie settings, RWL tracks information indicating, among other things, which pages of the RWL Site were visited, the order in which they were visited, when they were visited, and which hyperlinks and other user interface controls were used;
- RWL may log the IP address, operating system, and browser software (including mobile use and device type when you use RWL native mobile apps) you used when accessing the RWL Site, and RWL may be able to determine from an IP address your Internet Service Provider and the geographic location of your point of connectivity; and
- RWL may track and collect information from emails that RWL sends to you, for example whether you opened the email or clicked on any links from the email.
- when necessary for system administration, security, and integrity to ensure the RWL Site works properly for you. Without these technologies, the RWL Site may not function correctly;
- to enable analytics, performance and functionality, to help RWL and Sponsors gather information about how visitors use the RWL Site and monitor RWL Site performance, and to enhance your experience by recognizing and remembering whether you have visited the RWL Site before and may have any personal preferences; and
- to support marketing by enabling RWL and Sponsors to deliver content relevant to your interests on RWL Sites based on how you interact with RWL or Sponsor interactive assets or content. RWL and Sponsors use “first-party” cookies, which means cookies served by RWL or an individual Sponsor, and also “third-party” cookies, which means cookies served by third parties that help RWL and Sponsors track this information.
You have some options for managing Cookies and other Tracking Technologies. These include:
- Modifying your browser settings: You should be able to control how and whether your web browser accepts Cookies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new Cookies, how to receive notification of new Cookies, and how to disable existing Cookies. If you reject RWL’s Cookies, many functions and conveniences of the RWL Site may not work properly.
- Opting-out of certain third-party tracking and advertising: Some of the third parties used by RWL or a Sponsor for Cookies and Tracking Technologies offer the ability to opt-out from their tracking by following processes described on their websites.